The Office of Instructional and Research Technology runs Sakai, the collaborative learning environment at Rutgers. Sakai has approximately 40,000 unique users per week, and represents approximately 60% of the for-credit course sections taught each year. Sakai has become the platform of choice for most faculty in the Rutgers-New Brunswick and Rutgers-Camden.
Sakai is great for courses, research projects, committees, departmental collaboration, and student projects. Here are some of the things you can do with Sakai to make your life easier:
- Manage your course with up-to-date rosters, photo rosters, and simple class communication methods (never manage another class mailing list again!)
- Share materials with your students, staff, and colleagues at other universities
- Conduct a hybrid course with intuitive discussion forums and easy content sharing
- Have access to always available file storage
- Share grades with students during the semester and send official course grades to the Registrar with one click
- Share Rutgers Library eReserves right in your worksite
All Rutgers users can create their own Sakai worksites. Visit Sakai today and give it a try!
OIRT offers departmental training for Sakai. If your department is interested in a personalized training session specifically for your department, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.