What is it?
- GroupMe is a free, cross-platform group messaging application
- GroupMe allows users to send messages to their group of friends, family, co-workers, classmates, etc.
- Available as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, and is compatible with non-smartphones by sending GroupMe messages via SMS (standard text messaging)
- GroupMe will assign a special number for the group for any group members without smartphones to send their messages to
- Access and chat with your group through any web browser by logging in at groupme.com
- Share photos with the members of your group easily
- Send your location to others just as easily as sharing a photo and allow others to find you
- Download the GroupMe app from the App Store, Google Play Store, Blackberry App World, or Windows Phone Marketplace
- Visit groupme.com for specific instructions on creating and managing groups with your mobile OS
- Users without access to the app version can still create a group by signing up at groupme.com/sms
- Add users to the group by sending “#add [name] [number]” to the group’s phone number (example: #add John 555 555 5555)
- Manage the group by using commands including #new, #add, #mute, #unmute, #exit, and #help (more commands available at groupme.com/sms)