Instant Messaging Tools
What is it?
- A form of real-time direct text-based communication between two or more people using computers or other devices with access to the Internet
- Instant Messaging: Send notes back and forth with users online (or offline – depending on the IM service you are using)
- Chat: Create chat rooms with your friends or co-workers
- Video: Send and view videos, and chat face to face with friends (most IM services allow video chatting)
- Mobile Capability: Send instant messages to and from cell phones
- Instant Message: Direct private electronic message sent between 2 people using an IM client
- Chat room: Messaging area where multiple people can converse
- Download the instant messaging client of your choice
- Create an account
- Add friends by their screen names
- Applications such as Adium will allow you to talk across most IM service providers i.e; AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Google Chat, etc.
- Remember to put your screen name on your social media profiles, business cards, and contact sheets