What is it?
- iShowU is a screen capturing program only for Macs
- 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard compatible
- Try before you buy: Create watermarked videos via demo download and test out iShowU’s full array of functions
- Record video as well as audio
- View recorded video instantly as Quicktime .mov files without the wait of an encoding process
- Just as easy to share (via email for example) as it is to record
- The “Pause” button makes it easy for you to record multiple “takes” of video within one recording session
- Flexible presets provide you with a quick click and record method; for the more advanced user, fine tune these settings and save your own custom presets
- A single window interface allows you to easily view all your recording options at once
- Specific capture size allows you to determine the exact amount of desktop space to be recorded; choose from preset sizes or specify your own
- Automatically send your videos into Stomp for quick post production changes and video recompression
- Download and install program
- Select a recording preset from the left hand menu
- Under Options, click the Show capture guide when recording button
- Click Follow Mouse Cursor to have the “camera” follow the movements of your mouse; uncheck to have the “camera” remain stationary
- Click Edit recording area to adjust the size of the area to record (recording size recommendation: 1/4 for general view and 1/8 for close up view)
- Click the record button
- Perform desired actions such as moving the mouse around, click whatever you want, etc.
- When you’re done, click the Finish button; your new movie will appear in Quicktime!