What Is It?
- MindMaple is a visual organizer application that aids in project management, brainstorming, and task scheduling
- Creatively organize multiple threads of ideas, allowing you to keep track of certain project aspects such as: different teams and responsibilities, deadlines, contacts, budgets, etc.
- Use arrows and callouts to show interactions between different sections of the map you’ve created to aid in visualizing connections and relationships between entities
- Multiple maps can be integrated into the same file to allow for even more diverse project management
- Task information can also be visually exposed on the topic so the entire schedule can be monitored
- Map: the entirety of a project; includes all topics, callouts, boundaries, etc.
- Arrow/Callout: a visual representation to show a relationship between two topics on the map
- Topic: a specific element on the map
- Boundary: a visual organizing feature that groups many topics together; usually used to emphasize the group
- Marker: a small tag or image that is used to further describe an element on the map
- Download and install the free MindMaple application (“Lite” version) from mindmaple.com to get started
- Either by right clicking, or selecting from the toolbar, a new topic can be created and moved anywhere on the map
- Create as many topics as needed, while also adding sub-topics as necessary for your project
- Show a relationship between two topics by selecting one of the four types of arrows from the relationship drop-down menu in the toolbar
- By using the tools in the right sidebar, you can add “markers” to your map including: priority, smileys, task completion status, icons, and more