RADS and Symantec’s Endpoint Protection Platform
Symantec’s Endpoint Protection Platform site license is centrally funded and an important part of a University-wide site licensed Software Collection for the Rutgers Community. This site license permits Rutgers University faculty, staff, and students to use this software on any personally or University owned system. The Rutgers Antivirus Delivery Service (RADS) helps users to select, manage, and deliver this software.
Some features that RADS provides include:
- Automatic Updates - RADS allows your system to be automatically updated with protection from the latest threats, trojans, and spyware as soon as pattern files are available. It eliminates the need for you to update your antivirus software manually.
- Anti-spyware Protection - RADS protects your system from spyware, adware, malware, and grayware. This eliminates the need for additional anti-spyware software such as Ad-Aware or SpyBot.
- Built-in Firewall - Use another layer of security to protect your system from viruses and hackers.
- Automatic Scanning of Incoming Files - RADS will automatically scan all incoming files on your system and quarantine any that appear to be infected with threatening content.
- FREE Protection - RADS is licensed by Rutgers University and is completely free to current students, faculty, and staff
Software available to Faculty, Students, and Staff
To download the software, visit http://rads.rutgers.edu, login with your NetID, and follow the instructions.
For more information, refer to the RADS pages on the software portal.
If you have questions regarding downloading or installating this software please consult your local unit computing specialist or send email to MSSG Software Support.