Qualtrics is web-based survey service that Rutgers subscribes to. Our license agreement allows all faculty, staff and students to use the Qualtrics.
In order to use this service, just point your browser at http://rutgers.qualtrics.com and login using your NetID and password to create your account and use this service .
Once you log in, you can click on ‘Help and Tutorials’ in the upper right corner of the resulting web page to help you get started with using Qualtrics. You can also click on “Support and Feedback” if you need technical support while using Qualtrics.
All faculty and staff accounts are placed in divisions based on RIAS/Banner Org IDs. This grouping allows for colleges and other groups to have their own division admins. Admins can create shared accounts and non-netid login accounts which need to login at qualtrics.com
Weekly training webinars for “Getting Started with Qualtrics”, “Advanced Survey Building”, and “Reporting” are available. Just register at http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/misc-pages/misc/training-webinars/
In addition, the Newark and Camden help desks can help their respective user community.
Additional options are available to Rutgers users that share in the expense. The options include the Offline Option as well as the File Upload, Table of Contents, and API options (references below).
9 Research groups have shared the expense to access Table of Contents, File Upload, and API:
and scroll down to file upload. This option allows for up to a 16Meg file to be added to questions.
And 4 Research groups are currently sharing the expense to access the Offline App:
Offline option allows one to do surveys anywhere with mobile (iPads, iPhones, and Android) devices. For more info, refer to:
- HIPAA BAA agreement was signed when the Mobile/Offline option was added.
- Due to spamming issues accounts are initially limited to about 10,000 emails per week unless owner agrees to additional spam guidelines. Send email to qualtrics _ support @ email.rutgers.edu for more info.
——————— Here are some additional resources that are strongly recommended:
- The Five-Step Program (http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/learn-qualtrics-in-5-steps) will teach you all you need to know to get started. It includes recorded trainings and survey-building activities, and the whole program can be completed in less than three hours.
- Their experts have also written a few free eBooks (http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/ebooks) that are available for download. Be sure to check them out, as they cover everything about Qualtrics and provide an introduction to Market Research Concepts.
- Webinars (upcoming and/or recorded) are included on the Qualtrics Events web site at qualtrics.com/events/
- New Features: http://qualtrics.com/research-suite/new-features/“
To stay informed of updates to this Rutgers site license, join the Qualtrics User Community at Rutgers by signing in here
Contact OIT Help Desk for Qualtrics support specific to Rutgers University:
qualtrics _ support @ email.rutgers.edu